You will be required to pay for all your meals whilst you are in Port Moresby.
Wild Spirit needs to be advised when booking if there are any particular dietary requirements. We do our best to manage your requirements, but accept no responsibility due to availability. Supplements may be implemented.
We are able to supply Gluten Free and Vegetarian menus on request; we do need to be advised at least 6 weeks prior to trek departure.
Below is a general outline of meals whilst on the trek.
- The Trek Master and the team organise and cook all your meals. They also take care of the washing up. The porters are also well catered for with food on the Track.
- Breakfasts we have cereals, usually Weet-Bix or porridge, rice cakes with spread and limited fruits depending on availability, tea, coffee, biscuits, sometimes pancakes and damper.
- Lunches are often canned meats spam, beef and fish, fruit, cheeses, biscuits, spreads, rice crackers and snack bars (We do not cook lunches)
- Dinners are fresh local vegies, potatoes, rice and pastas with the cooks special PNG mixes rotated on alternative nights. Pre Dinner snacks are varied may be soup, popcorn, and biscuits. Tea and coffee is available.
- The meals are large filling and very nourishing.
- Food may vary due to season and/or availability.
- We recommend you take your own energy treats/snacks e.g. lollies, muesli bars, energy bars, protein bars, trail mix etc for extra supplements (enough for the duration of your trek).
PEANUTS – when cooking our meals some of our sauces have peanut traces. Our porters and trekkers do eat peanuts, muesli bars, biscuits that may contain peanuts. Upon booking it is the trekkers responsibility to advise Kokoda Spirit if they have an allergy to peanuts.